Monday, June 3, 2013

37 Weeks

photo (8)*Total weight gain?: 18lbs(according to the doctor scale)

*How big is baby?: Baby girl is now considered "full term"!  She weighs around 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel.

*Sleep: Still sleeping pretty darn great considering the amount of times I get up to go to the bathroom.

*Sex: A sweet little GIRL!

*Maternity clothes: I am getting to wear the maternity dresses that I picked up months ago on clearance!  I am glad that they still fit.

*Showing yet?: Yes! Bump is present and growing more and more everyday!!!

*Stretch marks: I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to escape them much longer with the rate that my belly is growing. 

*Movement: She is getting the hiccups pretty regularly which is really annoying at times!  I don’t really feel too many kicks or punches, it is more just her stretching and trying to get comfy all crammed in my tummy.

*Food cravings: I have a huge appetite lately and want to eat everything in site!  I am trying to control myself by only having two bowls of cereal instead of three.

*Labor signs: Having more and more contractions, but nothing that I can start to time or monitor.  I went to the Doctor this past week and she is still head down.  My uterus is measuring smaller this week than it has in the past so they want to do an ultrasound sometime next week to check her size and my fluid levels.  Hopefully she is just really far down in my pelvis causing the measuring to be off. 

*Belly button in or out: Really, really, really, close to becoming an outie!!!

*Wedding ring on or off: It is getting really snug!  A couple of nights I have had to leave it on because I didn’t want to fool with taking it off.  When we go on walks after work I need to remember to leave my ring at home because that is when my hands swell the most.

*Worst pregnancy symptom of the week: My left hip has been killing me this past week.  I am walking like I have a broke hip.  It seems to be getting better over these past two days though!

*What I miss: Not being out of breath after doing simple tasks.  When I take xrays at work, going back and forth to press the button really gets me!  It makes me feel so pathetic! 

*What I'm looking forward to: Even though I am getting the ultrasound to check to make sure she is ok…I am really excited to see her on the screen!  I hope that the technician will switch on the 3d ultrasound because I have heard that you can see if the baby has any hair when you do the ultrasounds this late in the pregnancy. 

*Best Moment of the Week: The best moment this week was celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary.  These last five years have flown by and have been so easy considering that Doug was going through a very stressful and demanding residency program.  We both took Friday off of work and headed to Seattle to stay for Friday night.  We stayed at a pet friendly hotel so Wrecks could tag along.  Doug surprised me with a diamond tennis bracelet that is amazing!

photo 1 (17)

After we exchanged gifts we headed to dinner.  I had no idea where we were going.  Doug had planned out the whole evening in secret.  We went to dinner on the water, the view and food were to die for.

photo 3 (18)

After dinner we went to a comedy club and saw a few mediocre comedians and one really great one!  On Saturday morning we walked down to Pike Place Market, probably for the last time while living in the Pacific Northwest.  We strolled around with Wrecks, got breakfast, and bought some beautiful flowers before heading back home to go to Pavlina and John’s wedding.

IMG_6394photo 1 (16)photo 2 (15)photo 3 (17)photo 4 (12)photo 5 (4)

John and Pavlina’s wedding ceremony was short and sweet (the best kind).

photo 1 (18)photo 3 (19)photo 4 (13)photo 5 (5)

Pavilina did a great job with all the flowers and decorations!  I was very impressed with her floral arranging skills!

photo 2 (14)photo 3 (16)photo 4 (10)

*Week 37: Baby is about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard!

Week37SwissChard_424x302[1]

1 comment:

  1. AW thanks for the shout outs on your blog:) I didn't realize it was your anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...