Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crafty Christmas

I have been spending hours on pinterest lately and all the beautiful Christmas decorations have me wanting to redo our tree with a new color scheme.  I am so trying to resist the urge and I just keep telling myself that we only have two more Christmases here and it would be a waste of money.  I will just wait till we move and then do a total make over of our Christmas décor.  Right now our color scheme is gold, silver, blue and brown (to match our living room) and Doug has requested that the next tree have red decorations.

So instead of totally redoing everything I decided to add a few cheap things that can go with any color scheme. 

On pinterest I found this blog that gave instructions on making a wreath with ornaments.  It was super easy to make.

I bought a few packages of shatterproof ornaments from Wal-mart and took all of the plastic hangers off of them. 

019

Starting with the largest of the ornaments I began hot gluing them to the Styrofoam wreath that I picked up at  Joann’s.

020022

Then I glued the medium size ornaments on.

023

And finished with the smallest ornaments to fill in the holes and gaps.

024

I plan on hanging it on this mirror with fishing line using something else I saw on pinterest…an upside down command hooked to the back of the mirror.

025

I made these floral arrangements to add to our mantel with the wreath.  I am very impressed with how they turned out!

006

Here is a little sneak peek at the mantel coming together.

026

Another new addition to the Christmas décor came from a Pottery Barn catalog.  Pottery Barn has this Noel sign that I am in love with, but not so in love with the price.  It is currently sold out, but I think it was about $300!

Noel Wall Art

So here is my way cheaper version.  (This is the best picture I have of it right now)

008

I took 4 12x12 canvases and painted them off white.  I then traced letters that I made with my cricut onto them and painted them with brown paint.  I tried to give them a Christmas look by spray painting them with glitter paint.  I love how they turned out!

The lights are on the house and the inside is fully decked out.  I will post pictures of all of our decorations tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...