Monday, September 5, 2011

Pink and Purple

I love hosting baby showers (or any party for that matter) and I was really proud of all of my decorations for the latest shower, but I failed to take any pictures during the party.  So here are some pictures that I stole off of Facebook and some pictures that I took after the party.

I found a lot of the decoration ideas on the blogs that I follow and on my new obsession, pinterest.

I copied the DIY garland from frogprincepaperie.com.  I  sewed all these 1 and 2 inch circles together and I think I might be sewing all sorts of shapes together in the future.  I loved how the garland turned out.

This is from frog prince paperie…

This is my backdrop for the dessert table…

008

I covered a canvas in fabric and used my Cricut to make a banner that says “It’s a Girl”…

012

I used a tutorial that I found on you tube to make the tissue/puff balls and I loved them…something else that I will probably always do for decorations…super easy to do!!!

I covered a picture frame in the same fabric and used my Cricut machine to make a banner that read “Oh Baby” over the beverage station…

009010011

I made a diaper cake that I placed on the kitchen table.  I used wrapping paper as a placemat underneath.  Next time I might just use wrapping paper that coordinates with the party theme to cover the picture frames and canvas…much cheaper than the fabric.

001002003

My favorite area that I decorated was the fireplace and I took NO pictures of it!  Here is a picture of me decorating it…

I took everything down from the mantel and hung a clothesline of sweet little girl clothes.  I hung these pomander balls that I made over the painted/wrapped canvas.  I found a DIY for them over at Pizzazzeri.  Easy to make, but just a little time consuming… (again I didn’t get a good picture of them)

Here is a good picture of the mantle that I found on Facebook…

Here is Doug and Mary opening up Claire’s painting to reveal the name…

005

More stolen pictures from Facebook…

So glad that I could help host this shower for such a sweet couple!

I can’t wait to meet baby Claire in the next few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...