Friday, September 2, 2011

From GA to WA…Our Accent Vlog

I am doing my first link up with Jenna's Journey Blog.  I saw her post and thought that we should take her little test to see if our Southern Accents are still hanging in the air.  After reviewing our little videos I noticed that our accents might not be as thick as they once were, but our vocabulary is still southern.

(Please excuse that Doug and I look gross…We just got back from the gym)

Here is the list of words you have to say:

aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

The questions are as follows:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on someone's house?

What is the bug that when you touch it, it rolls into a ball?

What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?

What do you call gym shoes?

What do you say to address a large group of people?

What do you call a spider that has an oval shaped body with extremely long legs?

What do you call your grandparents?

What do you call the wheeled contraption you carry groceries at the supermarket?

What do you call it when it rains while the sun is shining?

What is the thing you change to tv channel with?

This was such a fun post!  After being in WA for three plus years I have gotten very good at telling which Southeast state people are from just by hearing them talk.  Even though I get told everyday by my patients that I don’t have a southern accent, I hope that once we get back home it will come back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post except I couldn't see Doug's video...only Courtney's played for some reason. I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...