Monday, May 21, 2012

Hello Little Man!

About a month ago I cohosted a baby shower for our friends Bill and Kortney.  I love throwing showers and I especially love decorating for them!  I got a lot of my ideas off pinterest.  Thank God for that site…it is an amazing go to for anything!  I was loving the little man theme so we ran with that. 

We made this wreath by wrapping a straw wreath with black ribbon.  We made the collar buy tracing a collar from a dress shirt onto white fabric then cut it out, folded it, ironed it, and hot glued it together.  I painted a wooden letter blue, glued a paper moustache to it and then glued it to the wreath. Super easy!

Hawaii 087

Moustaches, ties, and bow ties were everywhere!

Hawaii 061Hawaii 051Hawaii 052Hawaii 053

I love how this banner turned out!  It was easy to make, just a little time consuming.  We cut out the ties and hot glued them together.  We left the fold unglued so we could slide the rope through it.  We wrapped a piece of fabric around it to appear as a knot and glued it in place.  We used my cricut to cut out the letters.  It was the cutest little “Hello Little Man” banner ever!

Hawaii 054

I used my cricut to cut out the letters for this banner as well.  We ordered the iron on appliques off line and just ironed them onto the onesies. 

Hawaii 055

I used food coloring, powdered sugar, and a sponge to stamp moustaches on the plates.  When people but food on their plates the food coloring was coming off on their food.  I had to let them know that it was eatable. 

Hawaii 057

All the food was yummy!

Hawaii 058Hawaii 059

We had candy for a party favor.  Guest could grab a plastic bag and fill it up with as much candy as they liked.

Hawaii 060

We played several games throughout the evening.  We had this game set up and people could “guess who was behind the moustache” whenever they wanted.  We gave bowties to everyone to wear.  Whenever you heard someone say the word “baby” or “Will”, you could take the bowtie.  The person with the most bowties at the end of the night wins.  Of course Doug won this one…he is very competitive. 

Hawaii 064

We had three other “mommy to be’s” there.  Two of the three are also pregnant with boys.  We find out today what the other “mommy to be” is having.  Becca, who is on the far right helped me with the shower.  She is an awesome cohost!

Hawaii 066

We set up a photo booth area.  Not as many people wanted to stop by for a photo…but we did have some takers.

Kristen is the OB that will be delivering baby Will.

Hawaii 063

Kortney, Bill, and Will got a family photo…

Hawaii 071Hawaii 072Hawaii 076Hawaii 078

I made these candy moustaches with a candy mold I found at Michael's.  Such a fun photo prop!

Hawaii 080Hawaii 082

And they tasted pretty good too!

Hawaii 083

I am so happy with how this shower turned out.  I think everyone out here is all babied out for a while.  Next up is Heather’s Bridal shower in August!  It will be here before we know it.

I painted a sign for Will.  I wanted to do something different then what I have done in the past.  I decided, since it was such a short name, to put each letter on a different canvas.  I am picturing it hanging from ribbon.  I will have to stop by soon to help her hang it!

Hawaii 046

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...