Saturday, August 13, 2011

A lot harder than it looks!!!

A few weeks ago I went to a friends baby shower.  I love giving gifts that are monogrammed or have the baby’s name on it, but because I procrastinated I didn’t have time to order something off line.  I decided I would try my hand at painting a canvas with the baby’s name on it to be hung possibly over the crib.  I bought the paint, brushes, and canvas at JoAnne’s and started on my little project.  I started on the name first because I thought the letters would be the hardest and I painted out from the name after that.  Painting is a lot more difficult than drawing or coloring because it tended to go places that I didn’t want it to go.  Even though Doug told me that it “didn’t look professional”…I still think it turned out pretty good.  I am working on one more and when it is finished I will post it.  Hopefully it will turn out a little better.

001002003

Not too shabby for a beginner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...