Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let’s try this again…

So it has been forever since I have blogged and I know everyone is wondering where I have been…insert hint of sarcasm here.  I have been reading and following a lot of blogs lately.  I have enjoyed sneaking a peek into peoples lives that I have never met…it is like the ultimate reality show.  I love it when Doug looks over at the computer and asks whose picture is on the screen and I reply “I have no idea.”  I am a creeper :P   But hey they wouldn’t be blogging if they didn’t want people to follow them, right?

Well why I was at work today I thought I should keep up with all the crazy things that patients say to me at work and what better way then to keep up with them on here. 

Funny Story #1…Last week I had this lady who hasn’t been in for a cleaning in over 3 years ask me over and over and over and over again what I was finding, while I am scrapping away at her teeth.  I kept telling her I was finding stain, tarter, and plaque.  I wanted to say to her, lady what do you think is in here diamonds, money, your lost puppy…you haven’t had these things cleaned in years and you obviously haven’t been taking care of them.  I am finding tarter, tarter, tarter, and ummmm yes more tarter.

Funny Story #2…Well this isn’t really a funny story, but just an inside look at what we as hygienist deal with.  My last patient of the day tells me that he brushes his teeth when he remembers and by the amount of crap in his mouth a toothbrush probably hasn’t been in his mouth in over a month.  I want to say to people that don’t brush  “how can you go so long with brushing?”  I mean I brush twice a day and by the end of the day my mouth is so “fuzzy” that it is driving me crazy.  So for the record, you should brush twice a day for at least two minutes and floss once a day.  Please do this…I am begging you!  Your teeth and your hygienist with thank you!

Funny Story #3…Today while at the gym with my friend/co-worker Lisa this young guy gets on the treadmill in the row in front of us.  Lisa notices it first and she keeps looking at me and then at the guy on the treadmill.  I finally get the hint and look at the guy on the treadmill and about fall off the stair climber laughing.  This poor guy has either a half a roll of toilet paper or the paper seat cover (we couldn’t quite figure out which it was) hanging out the back of his shorts.  I felt so bad that I was laughing at him, but I couldn’t help it.  He finally noticed it when he looked in the mirror.  He did a double take and quickly grabbed at the back of his shorts and puts it in his pocket.  The sad thing is he didn’t get it all.  He kept on running and noticed he didn’t get it all and grabbed at it again.  I swear it had to have been half the roll.  After about 5 minutes and 5 swipes he finally got it all!  I have to give him mad props for finishing his run.  I know if it were me I would have ran to the bathroom as soon as I saw the toilet paper trail coming from my butt and then probably would have called it a day.

Weekend recap to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...