Monday, May 30, 2011

Just a Little Yard Work

Last Spring Doug and I joined our two flower beds in the front yard.  There was a little strip of grass that was in between the two that needed to be removed.  I started digging up the grass and stupid me I let Doug talk me into just using the weed eater to beat the grass out of the way.  When we finished the flower bed it looked really nice, but of course a year later the grass was growing up through the dirt and needed to be dug out the correct way.  I made it my mission a couple of Saturdays ago to redo the bed.  Only one plant that we planted last year survived and the rest I pulled up.  My neighbor gave me a few rocks to toss in the flower bed to draw some of the attention away from the electrical boxes and I love them.

033034035036037038

I planted some Gerber Daisy on the corner and I hope they make it.  Stupid Slugs have started to invade them and eat away at their leaves.  I put some Sluggo (slug killer) out and hopefully the slugs will leave the premises soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...