Monday, August 20, 2012

Madigan Ortho Graduation 2012

We said goodbye to some good friends this pass June.  It is always sad to say goodbye to Army friends, but then you never know when you path will cross again.  We could even be stationed together in the future! 

As a forth year resident Doug was in charge of putting together the Graduation Dinner.  One of the other residents booked the location and decided on the menu.  They put together the traditional roast video.  This year it was a Top Gun theme and they did a great job!  I am excited/nervous to see what the video will include next year when they will be acting as Doug, Scully, and Chad. 

Doug tried to keep me in the dark about the dinner because he didn’t want me going overboard.  He put me in charge of getting a cake and I begged to be able to do the centerpieces.  I ordered the cake from Top Foods.  They make delicious cakes, but I wasn’t quite sure that they could decorate it the way I envisioned it.  One of the ortho resident’s designed this amazing new “logo” for the Madigan ortho department.  I wanted it to go on the cake but knew that it was very detailed and I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.  The baker/cake decorated promised me that she could do it and it would look nice.  I was nervous when I picked up the cake and I was pleasantly surprised by how great it looked!  

IMG_0553

While I picked up the cake I also picked up 9 different bouquets of flowers to use for the centerpieces. I divided them up between 12 99 cent vases that I purchased at Wal-Mart. They made cute little arrangements and Doug was proud that I stayed under his $50 budget that he gave me.  I didn’t get any pictures of the arrangements…I was not in picture taking mode and I need to get better about taking pictures!!!!

We did take this picture with Doug’s iphone.

IMG_0555

These are the wives of the guys that graduated.  They are such a lovely group of girls that will be missed!  They are all stationed at bases in the Southeast so maybe we will meet up again one day if Doug and I are lucky enough to get back home in the South!

575831_10150902419368348_991018596_n[1]

I can’t believe that the dinner next year will be honoring Doug, Scully, and Chad. It seems like we just started this journey a few months ago and in about 9 months we will be about to head on to our next destination!  Doug may say differently, but these past 4 years have flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...