Monday, July 25, 2011

This little Piggy…

Got totally smashed!!!

Doug was out of town this weekend, so I spent it organizing our house and getting ready for a baby shower I am helping host in the next few weeks.  I had some shower stuff stored in the garage, and because I just couldn’t wait on Doug to come home and get it down for me, I pulled the ladder down and proceeded to get what I needed down by myself.  (Side note…Doug says that he sees a lot of injuries caused by people that fall off ladders and for me not to get on one when he is not around…well my trouble started before I even stepped foot on the ladder)

This is the ladder that we have…

I was trying to figure out how it worked by pulling all the knobs every which way and all of a sudden the tall part of the ladder slammed down right on my toe!  I was jumping and hopping all around because my toe was in so much pain.  Of course something like this would happen when my orthopaedic surgery husband is out of town.

005002

As soon as Doug came home on Sunday we went to the hospital for an xray just to see what damage I had done.

010011012

Doug is pointing in the last picture where the tip of the bone is broken off.  There is nothing that he can do to fix it, we just have to wait for the little bone to fuse back into place.  The throbbing pain is gone, but I can’t really bend my toe.  No more running for me for a little while…the elliptical trainer is my new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...