Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a Girl!!!

Julie Rea is having a girl!!!

When Julie told me that she was pregnant I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to attend any of her showers living all the way out here in Washington. When Doug told me that we could go home for a week over the holidays the first thing that I thought of was not only could I go to a shower for Julie, I could host one for her. Since Julie has so many close friends, I was not the only one in Atlanta that wanted to have a shower for her. Julie put me in contact with a few of her friends that had offered to have a shower and what a shower we planned!

Of course I seem to get a little carried away with all the small details that go into hosting a shower. The first thing that we needed was a theme. Julie's nursery is decorated in a jungle theme...so I ran with that. I found adorable invitations on line that had a monkey (perfect for the jungle theme) on them and were brown and pink.

I hung baby socks and animals from the chandelier.



With the help of my cousin Elizabeth I made a diaper cake that I am super proud of. (So proud of my work that I actually let a Julie have a sneak peek a week before her shower.)



We had a cute baby banner made by Brittney.

We had an amazing spread of food.


I found a bakery in Alpharetta that made this wonderful cake. Not only did it look awesome, it tasted just as good!


I loved all of the little girl clothes that we hung on the clothes line.
Thanks again to Brittney for donating her baby shower decorations.

I don't know where she finds this stuff...but again, too cute!


I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves.




We played a couple of shower games, including the dirty diaper game. I was amazed that 6 girls got all 7 of the melted candy bars right.


When you plan a party/shower there is always one aspect that you don't know how it will go over with the guest. I had the idea to get onesies and let guest decorate them during the party. At the end, when every one is finished, Julie will pick which one she likes best. I was completely surprised at how much fun every one was having decorating the little shirts. I guess everyone secretly loves craft time!

My personal favorite! On the butt there was another buckeye.
Julie with all of the shower host...


Julie's favorite onesie...


Loved the little animals on the cake...


Julie and Ellen...


Another silly idea of mine...
I ordered these stickers when I ordered the invitations. They say "Enjoy! From Julie's 'Bun in the Oven'". I had the same bakery that I ordered the cake from make cupcake that looked like Cinnamon buns.

Wasn't quite sure how they would turn out. They look pretty close to Cinnamon Buns.


I can't wait for little Elizabeth Nordmann Rea to arrive!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! We are doing the clotheseline on the mantle for my sisters shower!! Ya'll did a great job! That cake is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...