Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thank Goodness...

these past three weeks are over! I am exhausted and excited about the three day weekend I have in front of me.

Yesterday was my last day at Bright Now Dental and it felt like the last day of school before summer. I totally did not want to be there. I was counting down the hours and the patients until my day was over with. I am going to miss the people that I worked with, but I am not going to miss the insanity.

I love working at my new office. It is so laid back and easy going. I don't know why, but the patients seem to be nicer and have cleaner mouths...not sure how that happens since I am only right down the street from my old job. I am finally at an office that I can wear cute scrubs. I ordered a whole weeks worth and I am excited to wear them! They are all cute and springy.

On Wednesday of this week Doug only had to work a half day and then everyone was going to play golf, well Doug had told me that he was probably not going to go with them. When I get off work I tried calling him and got no answer. I thought maybe he was at home asleep and wasn't answering. When I come home there is no Doug, just his path of destruction. There is an empty beer bottle on the counter just above the trash can...(side note...why, why, why can he not put trash in the trashcan or dishes in the sink?!?!?! He always sets trash on the counter...I mean he has made it that far with it, why can't he just open up the door and put it in the trash...I am probably going to be dealing with this for the rest of my life...end of side note)..., I can follow his next move by where he took off his uniform because it is left in the floor right where he removed each piece, and then his next stop must have been the bathroom because his pooped was left in the toilet. After I gag for a minute I attempted to flush it and realize why it was left in the toilet. The boy had left the toilet stopped up! At this point I am so frustrated with him and praying that he was out getting a plunger not playing golf! After about 45 minutes of being home he calls and said he was playing golf and for me to come and meet him at Hooters. At Hooters his exciting day continued. It was Wingo night and of course Doug won a game. He had to participate, along with all the other winners from that night, in a cake eating contest and he won. He won a $50 gift card to return to Hooters. YEAH...we get to go back! ;)



This weekend we are going to get started on redoing the other two bathrooms in the house. I am so excited to get started this morning but Doug is still asleep. The goal for today is to tile them both. I have already painted the cabinet black in the upstairs bathroom and I am happy with how it turned out.
The bathroom before...
Doug tearing out the baseboards...
Here is the cabinet with only the drawers painted...I was making sure that I wanted to paint is black. These drawers came from the cabinet that we took out of our bathroom. (Sorry the toilet seat is up in this pic)
The really close to finished product...
We hope everyone had a great Easter. We missed being with family, but we survived another holiday alone. I sent Doug on a scavenger hunt through the house to find his Easter basket. This year it was easy clues, next year I will make them harder!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...