Monday, July 6, 2009

Bringing Home Puppy!

Yesterday, we went and picked up Wrecks. When the breeder brought him out, I couldn't believe how much he had grown in the three weeks since we picked him out. We have a huge dog on our hands. We think that he will be around 60-65 pounds! I am just soaking up all his puppiness right now because I know one day I am not going to be able to cuddle with him like I am doing now.

He is a very calm dog, but the poor little guy got sick on the way home yesterday. He threw up twice in the car. He is very uneasy about everything. He hates walking on the hard wood floor in the kitchen. He just stays under the table on the rug. We played outside with him yesterday and he loved running in the grass. At the end of the day, he was worn out. He was sitting in the grass trying not to fall asleep. He was sitting up and was waving back and forth with his eyes closed. He would wake himself up when he was about to fall over. Doug and I both laughed so hard!

We dreaded going to bed last night because we were warned how much he would cry. Sure enough, as soon as we closed the door on his kennel, the tears started falling. We had to turn the TV up in our room to drown it out. Doug said that he pretty much cried all night long. I slept right through it...I am a horrible mommy! I could not sleep on Saturday night because I was so excited about getting the little guy. As soon as my head hit the pillow last night, I was out like a light. Here are a couple of pics, and a few videos of our favorite little guy...

This is in the car when he didn't feel so good.




Doug is so excited!!!



He is all tuckered out after playing outside.



He loves jumping and laying in the tall grass!



He is still a little clumsy, as you can see by his stumble here.

He likes to chase the ball without using his back legs. It is pretty funny.

We have enjoyed playing with Wrecks these past two days and know that before long he is going to be into everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...