Monday, May 30, 2011

Westport, WA

This weekend Doug and I went to a little coastal town here in Washington to go Halibut fishing.  Doug was so excited, but the Wednesday before we left the Charter Boat company called to tell us that the Halibut limit had been reached for the season and that we could go bottom fishing instead.  We were sad that we couldn’t fish for halibut, but we were still excited to go! 

039

We arrived in Westport on Saturday and explored the town in all of 20 minutes.  There really wasn’t too much to see in the little old fishing town, so we headed back to the hotel bar.  Doug was pumped to find out that they were serving $1 16oz bud lights for Military.  I was glad too because then I could order more fruity drinks!  We ate dinner at a little fish shack.  It was good, but after too many fruity drinks I gave most of my cod to Doug. 

041

043

The one good thing about not going Halibut fishing was not having to get up at 3am to make it to the boat on time.  The boat left at 6:30am and for the first time I took Dramamine before getting on board.  The last few times that we have gone deep sea fishing I have felt a little woozy.  So I decided that I would pre medicate before this trip.  The water was super choppy and the boat was rocking all around.  For the first time in my life I got motion sick/seasick and was throwing up over the side of the boat.  I was one of two girls on the boat and Doug me that about a third of the guys were doing the same as  I was.  My sweet husband went back to the cabin to get me a water, he come back with the water in one hand and him a beer in the other.  I was like REALLY!  I am super sick and here you are drinking a BEER!  Gotta love him!

046047052

We finally made it to where we were going to fish for sea bass.  The sea bass were biting and we caught our boat limit of 220 in no time.  Even as we were fishing I was still getting sick off the side of the boat.  Doug and I caught a few lingcod, but only one was a keeper.  We came home with two big bags of codfish.  It was an awesome trip, but it will be a while before I go on my next deep sea fishing trip.  I will need to forget about being sea sick before returning to the sea again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...